LORENA, MIAMI BELLY DANCER
Lorena is an award-winning belly dance performer and workshop instructor based in Miami, Florida.
Born in Italy with a natural flair for the dramatic, she likes to delight her audiences with refined, yet playful performances.
As a teacher, Lorena focuses on helping each dancer become technically proficient, and students love her generosity and attention to detail. Because of her ability to make every subject easier to understand, one of her colleagues — Sophia of The Artistry of Sophia — has dubbed her “The Breakdown Queen of Oriental Dance”.
A two-time gold medalist for the Italian Federation of Dance, Lorena has performed at several international events, such as Heshk Beshk Festival in Italy, Festiv’ Al Shimmy in France, and the Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive, and has taught belly dance workshops in Italy, France, and the United States.
In Miami, Lorena studies under the tutelage of Virginia Mendez and is one of the members of Virginia’s award-winning professional troupe, Wa Nour Al Ayun.
When I first saw Lorena dance I knew she was a very special person. Her technique is impeccable and her musicality and emotional connection to the music are magical. Her style is earthy Egyptian with a touch of modern. When she dances to a piece of music that I’m familiar with I can actually see the music being played out in front of me. She is a generous and lovely person and I look forward to attending any workshops she would teachFrancesca
- 1st Place Gold Medal Winner | Italian Bellydance Championship – Italy, 2008
- 1st Place Gold Medal Winner (Group Category) | Italian Bellydance Championship – Italy, 2006
- 1st Place Winner | Italian Regional Championship – Italy, 2008
- 1st Place Winner | International Oriental Dance Trophy – Italy, 2008
- 1st Runner Up | World Dance Trophy (F.V.G.) – Italy, 2008
- 1st Runner Up Silver Medal | Italian Bellydance Championship (Group Category) – Italy, 2007
- 2nd Runner Up | Rakstar Competition – USA, 2011
- Finalist | Miami Bellydance Competition – USA, 2009
DOUBLE DOSE SUNDAY
Lorena and Sophia of The Artistry of Sophia have joined forces to create “Double Dose Sunday”, a workshop series dedicated to the study of bellydance improvisation, color therapy and energy work.
After four successful weekends of oriental dancing and fun, Double Dose Sunday is on a summer break, but will come back in the fall. Stay tuned for more info!
Belly Dance Dynamics: How to add Depth and Drama to your Dance. Rhythm, level and directional changes can transform your dance. In this seminar, we will explore different ways to increase your performance range, add variety and keep your audience on the edge of their seats.
Lost in Transition: Filling the Space Between the Moves. This workshop is geared toward those dancers who know the basic movements of belly dance, but are unsure how to put them together seamlessly. If you’ve ever wondered: “How do I get from point A to point B without looking like a robot?”, this is the seminar for you!
Crazy for Sha’abi: Dance with confidence, humour and sass! Sha’abi is a very popular style in belly dance, nowadays. But what is it and how is it performed? In this workshop, we will discuss the origins and characteristics of this style, the most appropriate music to dance to and the best way to interpret it.
From A to Zills: Basic finger cymbals technique: We will identify the most commonly used patterns and rhythms and we will learn simple and easy ways to move and play at the same time! Yay!
Dum Dum Tek-nique: This seminar will teach you how to identify the most common rhythms used in Arabic music and what to do with them. Sustain your shimmies, sharpen your hip and chest movements, and learn exciting new combinations, too! This workshop can also be combined with a Drum Solo Choreography seminar.
Intro to Improv: You have been dancing for a few years; you know the steps, but how can you remember them and put them together when you improvise? This workshop will teach you how to improvise without fear!
Shimmy 101: Identify the most common types of shimmies and learn how to improve, sustain and layer this ever-popular move! This workshop can include an exercise made popular by Aziza of Montreal: The 20-minute shimmy drill!
Have another topic in mind? Contact me: I’d be thrilled to hear about your ideas and work with you!
PRIVATE CLASSES & COACHING
I have been working as a belly dance instructor for 15 years and I love teaching! I love to witness the moment when a student learns a difficult move or finally starts to accept her body! My classes are suitable for women of any size and walks of life. I am not currently teaching weekly classes, but I offer private belly dancing lessons, coaching sessions, and workshops.
Private instruction may be perfect for you if:
- you don’t feel comfortable or don’t have time for regular weekly classes.
- you need to improve specific skills/techniques.
- you want personal attention and critique.
- you want to get ready for a competition
- One student: $60.00/hour
- Each additional student: $30.00/hour
- Two hours: $115.00*
- Four hours: $220.00*
- Eight hours: $400.00*
* These rates are for one student only. Contact me for discounts on semi-private class packages.
** If teaching at a studio, students must cover the studio fee in addition to the class fee. Travel fees may apply.**
HIRE A MIAMI BELLY DANCER
Are you planning a birthday party, a wedding reception or simply a well-deserved girls’ night in with your best friends? Hiring a professional, Miami belly dancer is a great idea for any occasion.
With almost a decade of professional experience under her belt, Lorena is a consummate entertainer, who can add elegance, fun and excitement to any celebration.
Lorena is available for performances at:
- Stage Shows
- Weddings & Family Celebrations
- Bachelorette Parties & Baby Showers
- Fundraisers & Special Events
- E-mail Lorena at email@example.com to check availability. Don’t forget to let her know the date, time and location of your event. Lorena will promptly contact you to discuss the details and she will send you a contract, which you can sign and e-mail back to her (electronic signatures are accepted).
- To confirm your reservation, a 50% deposit is required via PayPal or personal check. The deposit is refundable up until seven days prior to the event, at which point it becomes non-refundable. The remainder of your balance can be paid by personal check or cash on the day of the event or by PayPal or personal check prior to the date of the event.
OPTIONS & PRICES
BELLYGRAM (10 – 15 minutes) – Starting at $200 **
A Bellygram is a short belly dance performance, ideal for smaller parties or for hosts on a budget. Approximately 10-15 minutes long, it consists of a fun and upbeat entrance, a drum solo and audience participation.
CLASSIC BELLY DANCE ROUTINE (20 – 25 minutes) – Starting at $250 **
A Classic Belly dance Routine is an exciting 20-30 minutes show, complete with grand entrance, enchanting veil dance and plenty of audience interaction. Lorena’s most requested package, this Classic Routine is perfect for larger gatherings, weddings and other family celebrations.
SHIMMY PARTY (45 minutes) – Starting at $300 **
Ideal for bachelorette parties, bridal and baby showers or women-only events, a Shimmy Party includes a mini-performance (10 – 15 minutes) followed by a 30 minute belly dance class, where your guests can learn some easy and fun belly dance moves! Lorena will provide hip-scarves for the lesson.
** Rates listed are approximate and will vary depending on travel time, length of performance, and special requests. For holidays, special events or performances outside of Miami, please contact Lorena at firstname.lastname@example.org
Lorena does NOT perform at bachelor parties or all-male events.