LORENA, MIAMI BELLY DANCER
Lorena is an award-winning belly dance performer and workshop instructor based in Miami, Florida.
Born in Italy with a natural flair for the dramatic, she likes to delight her audiences with refined, yet playful performances.
As a teacher, Lorena focuses on helping each dancer become technically proficient, and students love her generosity and attention to detail. Because of her ability to make every subject easier to understand, one of her colleagues — Sophia of The Artistry of Sophia — has dubbed her “The Breakdown Queen of Oriental Dance”.
A two-time gold medalist for the Italian Federation of Dance, Lorena has performed at several international events, such as Heshk Beshk Festival in Italy, Festiv’ Al Shimmy in France, and the Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive, and has taught belly dance workshops in Italy, France, and the United States.
In Miami, Lorena studies under the tutelage of Virginia Mendez and is one of the members of Virginia’s award-winning professional troupe, Wa Nour Al Ayun.
When I first saw Lorena dance I knew she was a very special person. Her technique is impeccable and her musicality and emotional connection to the music are magical. Her style is earthy Egyptian with a touch of modern. When she dances to a piece of music that I’m familiar with I can actually see the music being played out in front of me. She is a generous and lovely person and I look forward to attending any workshops she would teach.Akasha Bint Al Waha
- 1st Place Gold Medal Winner | Italian Bellydance Championship – Italy, 2008
- 1st Place Gold Medal Winner (Group Category) | Italian Bellydance Championship – Italy, 2006
- 1st Place Winner | Italian Regional Championship – Italy, 2008
- 1st Place Winner | International Oriental Dance Trophy – Italy, 2008
- 1st Runner Up | World Dance Trophy (F.V.G.) – Italy, 2008
- 1st Runner Up Silver Medal | Italian Bellydance Championship (Group Category) – Italy, 2007
- 2nd Runner Up | Rakstar Competition – USA, 2011
- Finalist | Miami Bellydance Competition – USA, 2009